Birthday Mini Album

January 29, 2012

This is my first mini album! :)

I've only recently started scrapbooking and I'm already addicted to it! It all started with buying a scrapbook kit from a discount site. And for all I know, soon I was buying so much stuff, watching countless YouTube videos and reading lots of craft magazines. It is a fun new hobby for me - being able to explore new things and preserve those oh-so-precious memories in a little book.

So, being my first and feeling very inspired by Laura Denison, I did an envelope mini. I was caught by surprise when I managed to produce a decent looking mini album - being a noob in this.

Using 6 envelopes (can be new/old), trim each ends to create the pockets. Cut out chipboard to be covers. Then add flaps, patterned paper, tags & embelishments... and it's done!

Here's a peek into my Birthday Mini Album.





And here are some of the tags I made with some stamping and distress inks




Overall I kept it pretty simple and after adding the photos and journalling, I added more embellishments.

Many more to come! :)


Supplies used: Paper (MME Simply Delightful), Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Fired Brick/Spun Sugar/Shabby Shutters/Broken China/Purmice Stone/Vintage Photo/Mustard Seed), Stamps (Unity/Sakura), Buttons/Flowers/Ribbons (MM/etc), Die Cuts (K&Co), Washi tape 



You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving comments. Have a lovely and blessed day!