Hello Sunshine + Washi bow tutorial
It is Earth Month and I thought what better way but to make a card made out from scraps & things that we usually throw away.
Want a pretty bow on your card but trims are expensive? How about making your own washi bow made out of toilet roll? Yes! Toilet roll. Here's the how-to.
1. Get a toilet roll and wrap it with your favorite washi tape
2. Use a sharp scissors and cut at your desired width
3. You will get something that looks like this (Piece A). Make two of these by repeating steps 1-2
4. After getting two of the above (from Step 3), take one of it and cut it in half to get this (Piece B).
5. Use the short piece (Piece B) that you have just cut and wrap it around the longer piece (Piece A) and glue it with some glossy accents or any strong adhesive that you have.
6. And finally, you will get your washi bow!
Another way to use up some scraps is to save those pretty packaging that comes with your scrappy products. I have used one of it as the background paper for my card and with the washi bow, it looks like any card made out of your normal stash.
Let's go green and save the Earth (and some money too!) ;)
Great Impressions "Go Green"
Unity Stamp "Be inspired"
Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes"