3-in-1 Sweet Cards for Valentine

February 03, 2016

Hello! :)
I know I've not been posting that frequently recently... so I'm back with a fun Inspiration Time with The Cutting Cafe.

This week we are using the BIG Expressions kits and this Sweet Big Expression Printable & Cutting File is just perfect for Valentine.

So, the fun part about this file is, I made 3 cards from just 1 cut! 
Talk about saving time :)
Perfect for those of us who are busy but need multiple cards.

ScrappyScrappy: 3-in-1 Sweet Cards for Valentine #scrappyscrappy #thecuttingcafe #diecut #svg #cutfile #valentine #card #cardmaking #distress #thetonstamp #stamp #stamping #ombre #love #cratepaper

So, here's how I did it.
First I cut the SWEET word on a white cardstock. 
Using the "blanks" as a see through, I backed it with some sweet pink Crate Paper patterned papers from the Hello Love collection. Then I just added another patterned paper along with some pearls using my Viva Decor paper pen.

ScrappyScrappy: 3-in-1 Sweet Cards for Valentine #scrappyscrappy #thecuttingcafe #diecut #svg #cutfile #valentine #card #cardmaking #distress #thetonstamp #stamp #stamping #ombre #love #cratepaper

For my next card, I used the letters that were cut from my first card as a mask. I adhered it using some temporary adhesive and inked the background with some Tim Holtz distress ink {abandoned coral & picked raspberry}. Then I removed the mask and revealed the white words! :)

ScrappyScrappy: 3-in-1 Sweet Cards for Valentine #scrappyscrappy #thecuttingcafe #diecut #svg #cutfile #valentine #card #cardmaking #distress #thetonstamp #stamp #stamping #ombre #love #cratepaper

And for my final card, I used the words from my second card which acted as a mask as the letters instead! Since it's all inked up nicely, it makes a sweet ombre effect on a simple background with heart stamps from The Ton. 

ScrappyScrappy: 3-in-1 Sweet Cards for Valentine #scrappyscrappy #thecuttingcafe #diecut #svg #cutfile #valentine #card #cardmaking #distress #thetonstamp #stamp #stamping #ombre #love #cratepaper

Hope you've enjoyed this simple 3-in-1 Sweet Cards for Valentine!
For more inspiration, do visit The Cutting Cafe Blog.

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Totally love your projects!! Using up those negatives is a great idea too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the cards!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! All 3 are so pretty!! Great designs!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving comments. Have a lovely and blessed day!