Lunar Animals & the Year of the Monkey

February 07, 2016

Hello and happy weekend!

It's ALMOST New Year and today is the EVE -- where we will be having reunion meals with our family. 

I made a few cards using Mama Elephant's cute lunar animals and extras stamp set. It was too cute to resist and just perfect for Chinese New Year cards!

For my first card, I wanted to fit all 12 zodiac animals on it but couldn't (haha!) so I did 3 animals instead. The previous year was the Year of the Ram (sheep), this year in gold is the Monkey and for next year it's the Chicken. Hence, why these 3 animals were picked :)

ScrappyScrappy: Lunar Animals & the Year of the Monkey #scrappyscrappy #mamaelephant #chinesenewyear #lunaranimals #card #stamp #glitter #lunar #fortunecat

I added the Chinese hat and angpow (red packet) for the monkey and added some gold glitter cardstock to highlight him, since it is his year after all :)
I also gold embossed the 福 word in gold (which means good fortune/luck).

ScrappyScrappy: Lunar Animals & the Year of the Monkey #scrappyscrappy #mamaelephant #chinesenewyear #lunaranimals #card #stamp #glitter #lunar #fortunecat

***

For my next cards,  I created a scene using the fortune cat and the monkey again -- plus lanterns, firecrackers, cherry blossoms and more! I colored each of it using my Copic markers, then cut out each element and pieced them together. (Thank God for Silhouette PixScan
Took me some time, but I liked how it turned out!

ScrappyScrappy: Lunar Animals & the Year of the Monkey #scrappyscrappy #mamaelephant #chinesenewyear #lunaranimals #card #stamp #glitter #lunar #fortunecat

For the backgrounds, I used the WRMK Next Level embossing folders which are AMAZING if you see it in real. The dimensions are just WOW! I also added some Gold glitter Viva Decor to add to the shine.

ScrappyScrappy: Lunar Animals & the Year of the Monkey #scrappyscrappy #mamaelephant #chinesenewyear #lunaranimals #card #stamp #glitter #lunar #fortunecat

And I can't seem to get enough of these lunar animals, I made another card! 

ScrappyScrappy: Lunar Animals & the Year of the Monkey #scrappyscrappy #mamaelephant #chinesenewyear #lunaranimals #card #stamp #glitter #lunar #fortunecat

Have a great reunion gathering with your loved ones and sooner than you know, it's time to usher in the NEW YEAR! :)
新年快樂

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy New Year. Love these cute lunar animals. I have the zodiac set but these are so cute. Love your cards. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. So much detail and lots of texture and interest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving comments. Have a lovely and blessed day!